Wednesday 8 August 2012

Striping tape manicure

Well this is another look that I love... but that I just CAN'T master. This is the third attempt I've made since getting my tape and is the best so far.

After a base coat I used Fearne for Boots pale pink for the tips. 2 full nail coats and a third coat from about half way to the tip. The middle stripe is ELF Bubblegum. I used the side of the brush to go across the width of my nail. The 'cuticle' layer is Collection 2000 'Hot Looks' in Siren.


So with a tricolour nail I took my striping tape, magenta between Siren and Bubblegum and silver between Bubblegum and Pink. I use a small nail scissors to cut the tape, I always cut more than I need and place along the edge of the blended colours. Sometimes I use a tweezers to help control the tape too.
Top coat keeps it all in place.


So here it is, the lesser of the 3 striping evils. Like most things it is just going take practice and patience.
If you've any tips I'd love to hear them.
If you have enjoyed reading and would like to keep updated then you can subscribe using the button on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment