Tuesday 14 August 2012

Beaded mermaid

Turns out the definitely not caviar manicure is a bit of a pain in the butt. I am undecided whether I like it or not, maybe it's because of the colour. The green is slightly off what I thought it was. The beads were part of some freebies I got from an ebay seller.  



So after a coat of my trusty 2true base coat (not pictured. d'oh) I started with Wet n Wild 'Wild Shine' 5,4,3,2,1 which coincidentally I think is a bizarre name for a polish!

Today's supplies
2 coats of 5,4,3,2,1 left a lovely even teal green colour, but not quite fish scale enough. So I took Color Club Lumin-icecent and sponged on to give a silvery blue shimmer to the teal. Something in my head was screaming mermaid tail. I know I know, I'm odd. I can't help myself sometimes! So with the black nail art pen I drew some scales on my middle tip and finished the tail on my pointer.


Once the black was dry I used the silver nail art to add to the tail, and some Hedy's Beyond Opal.

My ring finger nail is covered in the green beads. I used topcoat and just shook them on over a piece of folded paper so it was easy to get the left overs back in the tub.

While I like the tail the rest of the mani isn't really how I imagined it.

My list of toons for nail art is growing, so if you want to add to it drop me a comment.

Thanks for stopping by!






2 comments:

  1. Love this one as well! Where do you buy your Colour Clubs?

    ReplyDelete