Wednesday 1 August 2012

Blossom Nails

I am often in awe of what the wonderful ladies of the nail polish blog universe can turn their hands too. I sometimes struggle with translating the final images into steps in my head. 

That's when I head to youtube.

This morning in a quest for inspiration I headed over to youtube and pulled up a nail art search. I stumbled across CutePolish's tut for cherry blossom nails and fell in love with the design. So I gave it a go!

While mine are no where near as proffesional looking, for a first attempt I'm happy..well aside for the smudges from my black striper after adding top coat.

For this look I used Yashali Mint, ELF Fluro Pink and Bubblegum pink, a black striper pen and base and top coat. To make the blossoms I used a medium sized dotting tool.

I am determined to work on my freehanding. I think I'm still a little heavy handed at the moment but I'm sure I'll get it right soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment